Mexican pop star Thalia will receive her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a ceremony on Dec. 5, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced.
Thalia will join other Hispanic artists that have garnered that same honor, including Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Penelope Cruz and Mexicans Vicente and Alejandro Fernandez, Katy Jurado and Rafael Mendez.
The 42-year-old's many awards include the Billboard Latin Music Awards' 2003 Female Latin Pop Album of the Year for "Thalia" and the Latin Grammy's 2001 Best Engineered Album prize for "Arrasando."
Thalia's five-pointed terrazzo and brass star will be number 2,514 and be located at 6262 Hollywood Boulevard in front of the W Hollywood Hotel, near Shakira's star. EFE
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Orginal healdine: Mexican pop star Thalia to get her Hollywood star in December
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say