By LYNN ELBER
LOS ANGELES - NBC says Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg and William Shatner are among those joining Kelly Clarkson's holiday special.
The special, titled "Kelly Clarkson's Cautionary Christmas Music Tale," is also set to include country stars Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood, NBC said Wednesday.
The show is a comedic musical approach take on the meaning of Christmas, the network said. In the story, Clarkson schemes to boost her popularity with a holiday special but ends up learning an important lesson.
The featured songs are from the Grammy-winning pop star's newly released Christmas album, "Wrapped in Red," with classics including "Silent Night" and "White Christmas."
Other guests include Danica Patrick, Heidi Klum and Jay Leno. Clarkson's special is set to air at 10 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 11.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 to Settle SEC Charges
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel