By LYNN ELBER
LOS ANGELES - NBC says Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg and William Shatner are among those joining Kelly Clarkson's holiday special.
The special, titled "Kelly Clarkson's Cautionary Christmas Music Tale," is also set to include country stars Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood, NBC said Wednesday.
The show is a comedic musical approach take on the meaning of Christmas, the network said. In the story, Clarkson schemes to boost her popularity with a holiday special but ends up learning an important lesson.
The featured songs are from the Grammy-winning pop star's newly released Christmas album, "Wrapped in Red," with classics including "Silent Night" and "White Christmas."
Other guests include Danica Patrick, Heidi Klum and Jay Leno. Clarkson's special is set to air at 10 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 11.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists