By LYNN ELBER
LOS ANGELES - NBC says Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg and William Shatner are among those joining Kelly Clarkson's holiday special.
The special, titled "Kelly Clarkson's Cautionary Christmas Music Tale," is also set to include country stars Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood, NBC said Wednesday.
The show is a comedic musical approach take on the meaning of Christmas, the network said. In the story, Clarkson schemes to boost her popularity with a holiday special but ends up learning an important lesson.
The featured songs are from the Grammy-winning pop star's newly released Christmas album, "Wrapped in Red," with classics including "Silent Night" and "White Christmas."
Other guests include Danica Patrick, Heidi Klum and Jay Leno. Clarkson's special is set to air at 10 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 11.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers