By LYNN ELBER
LOS ANGELES - NBC says Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg and William Shatner are among those joining Kelly Clarkson's holiday special.
The special, titled "Kelly Clarkson's Cautionary Christmas Music Tale," is also set to include country stars Blake Shelton, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood, NBC said Wednesday.
The show is a comedic musical approach take on the meaning of Christmas, the network said. In the story, Clarkson schemes to boost her popularity with a holiday special but ends up learning an important lesson.
The featured songs are from the Grammy-winning pop star's newly released Christmas album, "Wrapped in Red," with classics including "Silent Night" and "White Christmas."
Other guests include Danica Patrick, Heidi Klum and Jay Leno. Clarkson's special is set to air at 10 p.m. Eastern on Dec. 11.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11