A SANDWELL library will be hosting a live theatre show for the first time next month.
Radio Soop will be performed at Thimblemill Library in Smethwick on December 5. The comedy is about a group of actors plunged into a live radio broadcast because of staff shortages.
They are forced to do the voices and sound effects for three one- act plays set in the 1950s, the heyday of radio broadcasts.
Audiences will watch as the hapless group cope with off-air mishaps colliding with the on-air drama.
The four actors will perform the three original plays and provide the voices in a variety of genres.
To help the show at the library in Thimblemill Road get a Christmas flavour, a choir will be there to entertain the audience before the show starts and also during the interval.
Doors will open at 6pm, with the play starting at 7pm.
Tickets are Pounds 5 and Christmas crafts will be on offer together with hot and cold refreshments.
Phone the library on 0121 429 0497.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party