He added that these facts confirm the fears and concerns of individuals and entities and could lead to a decline in the chances of converting this data into information and knowledge. Studies reveal that no more than 5 per cent of data in today s digital world could be transformed into information. This percentage is expected to reach 33 per cent by 2020 when more than 24 billion internet-connected devices will exchange information among each other in around 5 years.
He said that information explosion and development in all fields have become faster than ever. Volume of digital data around the world is doubling every two years. 75 per cent of this data is created by individuals while a lot of public and private entities are using this data to direct their decisions and improve their practices.
Emirates ID Director General considered that this digital information could change the way governments work and that it will have a great influence in developing many areas such as education, health and economy. Day after day, it will also affect the lifestyle of people and their behaviors.
He stressed that the infrastructure used for managing personal identities in the
He stressed the importance of the Digital Authentication Centre - part of the Digital Identity project - in providing advanced and reliable mechanisms to verify identities of ID card users and validity of cards in order to protect and secure online transactions and reduce identity thefts. These measures help provide the highest levels of security for online transactions in the
The seventh annual ISAFE conference was held in
The conference was attended by professionals in the fields of audit, assurance, security, information technology, governance, from public and private sectors from the
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets