In partnership with IHS and CADENAS PARTsolutions, innovative tool lets engineers quickly configure and download 3D CAD models of NAS- and NASM-fastener components
"AIA has a long and proud history serving the needs of the aerospace and defense industry through our National Aerospace Standards program," said AIA President and CEO
AIA, the premier trade association representing the nation's major aerospace and defense manufacturers, manages the NAS, which include widely used mechanical parts standards. These standards define the geometry and materials for millions of unique parts suitable for high-performance aerospace applications. NAS are used extensively in the design of aircraft, spacecraft, watercraft, ground vehicles, machinery and electronics.
* Reduced modeling and design cycle times;
* Improved engineering productivity;
* Elimination of duplicated effort and rework;
* Assurance of quality through the use of authorized CAD models;
* Increased consistency in parts used on projects; and
* Greater accuracy in bills of materials.
For more information on the National Aerospace Standards program, please visit our website at: http://www.aia-aerospace.org/standards/.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response