NUVOtv this week announced its "We Decide Our America" PSAs that highlights the importance of passing comprehensive immigration reform and encourages viewers to make their voices heard by their congressional representatives.
NUVOtv is an English-language entertainment network geared toward a modern Latino audience. The "We Decide Our America" series of celebrity-driven spots feature Mario Lopez, Gina Rodriguez, Claudia Jordan, Tami Roman and Tatyana Ali.
The "We Decide Our America" initiative also established a microsite -- wedecide.mynuvotv.com -- for visitors to petition their Congressional representatives to encourage participation in comprehensive immigration reform.
"While the need for comprehensive immigration reform is a national issue affecting Latinos and non-Latinos alike, it is a leading social issue particularly among Latinos in this country," said NUVOtv CEO Michael Schwimmer, in a press release. "Through the 'We Decide Our America' campaign, NUVOtv highlights to viewers that their voices matter and play an important role in promoting the critical need for legislators to act with urgency and fairness."
Watch a few of NUVOtv's PSAs below:
Tatyana Ali, actress:
Gina Rodriguez, actress
Mayda Del Valle, spoken word poet and performer:
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps