Washington, Nov. 19 (ANI): Dropbox is reportedly seeking to raise 250 million dollars over the next few weeks in venture capital funding, thereby putting the company's valuation at a staggering amount of 8 billion dollars.
The lofty figure matches the total amount Dropbox has accrued since its launch five years ago and also points to explosive growth as proof of strong momentum, the Verge reports.
According to the report, Dropbox presently has over 200 million users and has doubled its user base in just one year.
In an effort to give a boost to the company, Dropbox re-packaged its business offerings last week by making it easier for the users to separate work and personal accounts. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Dropbox seeking $250 mn in capital funding, raising valuation to $8 bn
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken