Washington, Nov. 19 (ANI): Dropbox is reportedly seeking to raise 250 million dollars over the next few weeks in venture capital funding, thereby putting the company's valuation at a staggering amount of 8 billion dollars.
The lofty figure matches the total amount Dropbox has accrued since its launch five years ago and also points to explosive growth as proof of strong momentum, the Verge reports.
According to the report, Dropbox presently has over 200 million users and has doubled its user base in just one year.
In an effort to give a boost to the company, Dropbox re-packaged its business offerings last week by making it easier for the users to separate work and personal accounts. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Dropbox seeking $250 mn in capital funding, raising valuation to $8 bn
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges