OGUNQUIT (AP) -- A historic movie theater in southern Maine hopes to raise money to support the purchase of a digital projector.
The Leavitt Theatre in Ogunquit has started a Kickstarter Campaign through Nov. 30 to try to raise $60,000 for the projector.
Owners of the theatre tell WMTW-TV that the theatre is in danger of shutting down because movie studios are expected to stop distributing movies on film by the end of the year.
The movie industry will provide movies in digital format only.
The theatre decided to start a campaign to raise money for the new projector after seeing it work at other historic theaters across the country.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West