OGUNQUIT (AP) -- A historic movie theater in southern Maine hopes to raise money to support the purchase of a digital projector.
The Leavitt Theatre in Ogunquit has started a Kickstarter Campaign through Nov. 30 to try to raise $60,000 for the projector.
Owners of the theatre tell WMTW-TV that the theatre is in danger of shutting down because movie studios are expected to stop distributing movies on film by the end of the year.
The movie industry will provide movies in digital format only.
The theatre decided to start a campaign to raise money for the new projector after seeing it work at other historic theaters across the country.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?