OGUNQUIT (AP) -- A historic movie theater in southern Maine hopes to raise money to support the purchase of a digital projector.
The Leavitt Theatre in Ogunquit has started a Kickstarter Campaign through Nov. 30 to try to raise $60,000 for the projector.
Owners of the theatre tell WMTW-TV that the theatre is in danger of shutting down because movie studios are expected to stop distributing movies on film by the end of the year.
The movie industry will provide movies in digital format only.
The theatre decided to start a campaign to raise money for the new projector after seeing it work at other historic theaters across the country.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?