Nov. 18--The U.S. Postal Service is offering some holiday magic with a series of 20 "Harry Potter" stamps that will be unveiled at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
All of the stamps feature images from the films based on J.K. Rowling's books, and the Postal Service gave the Orlando Sentinel a first look at the two images shown here. Both feature the boy wizard as played by Daniel Radcliffe. One stamp also has Buckbeak the hippogriff and the other features Fawkes the phoenix.
"There's been a lot of secrecy surrounding these stamps," said USPS spokeswoman Enola Rice. "They're very highly anticipated."
The Postal Service is producing 5 million 20-stamp booklets. They will initially be available at 3,100 post offices around the country, by phone at 800-STAMP-24 and online at USPS.gov/stamps and eBay.com/stamps.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007