Nov. 18--The U.S. Postal Service is offering some holiday magic with a series of 20 "Harry Potter" stamps that will be unveiled at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
All of the stamps feature images from the films based on J.K. Rowling's books, and the Postal Service gave the Orlando Sentinel a first look at the two images shown here. Both feature the boy wizard as played by Daniel Radcliffe. One stamp also has Buckbeak the hippogriff and the other features Fawkes the phoenix.
"There's been a lot of secrecy surrounding these stamps," said USPS spokeswoman Enola Rice. "They're very highly anticipated."
The Postal Service is producing 5 million 20-stamp booklets. They will initially be available at 3,100 post offices around the country, by phone at 800-STAMP-24 and online at USPS.gov/stamps and eBay.com/stamps.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid