Nov. 18--The U.S. Postal Service is offering some holiday magic with a series of 20 "Harry Potter" stamps that will be unveiled at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
All of the stamps feature images from the films based on J.K. Rowling's books, and the Postal Service gave the Orlando Sentinel a first look at the two images shown here. Both feature the boy wizard as played by Daniel Radcliffe. One stamp also has Buckbeak the hippogriff and the other features Fawkes the phoenix.
"There's been a lot of secrecy surrounding these stamps," said USPS spokeswoman Enola Rice. "They're very highly anticipated."
The Postal Service is producing 5 million 20-stamp booklets. They will initially be available at 3,100 post offices around the country, by phone at 800-STAMP-24 and online at USPS.gov/stamps and eBay.com/stamps.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry