YET again, The Regent theatre in Hanley, has come up with another excellent production. This time it was a professional production of West Side Story.
Although it features a largely unknown young professional cast, it still hasn't lost any of its dynamic sparkle since it first came over to London from Broadway more than 50 years ago.
The young cast give their all with their brilliant dancing, acting and singing, especially the leads in their roles of Anita, Tony, Riff and, of course, Maria.
The songs. including Somewhere, Maria and, of course, America are brilliantly sung and danced by the young cast.
It was nice to see the musical in its original format and not how the film version slightly changed things.
The film used both the female and male Puerto Rican Sharks gang during America, but the stage show used only the women.
The orchestra was brilliant and the price of the ticket was worth just listening to it alone.
A J GLEAVE Trentham
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan