YET again, The Regent theatre in Hanley, has come up with another excellent production. This time it was a professional production of West Side Story.
Although it features a largely unknown young professional cast, it still hasn't lost any of its dynamic sparkle since it first came over to London from Broadway more than 50 years ago.
The young cast give their all with their brilliant dancing, acting and singing, especially the leads in their roles of Anita, Tony, Riff and, of course, Maria.
The songs. including Somewhere, Maria and, of course, America are brilliantly sung and danced by the young cast.
It was nice to see the musical in its original format and not how the film version slightly changed things.
The film used both the female and male Puerto Rican Sharks gang during America, but the stage show used only the women.
The orchestra was brilliant and the price of the ticket was worth just listening to it alone.
A J GLEAVE Trentham
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani