YET again, The Regent theatre in Hanley, has come up with another excellent production. This time it was a professional production of West Side Story.
Although it features a largely unknown young professional cast, it still hasn't lost any of its dynamic sparkle since it first came over to London from Broadway more than 50 years ago.
The young cast give their all with their brilliant dancing, acting and singing, especially the leads in their roles of Anita, Tony, Riff and, of course, Maria.
The songs. including Somewhere, Maria and, of course, America are brilliantly sung and danced by the young cast.
It was nice to see the musical in its original format and not how the film version slightly changed things.
The film used both the female and male Puerto Rican Sharks gang during America, but the stage show used only the women.
The orchestra was brilliant and the price of the ticket was worth just listening to it alone.
A J GLEAVE Trentham
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'