ROME - An Italian film about a truck driver's travels across Europe has taken the top award of best film at the Rome film festival.
`'Tir," by director Alberto Fasulo, triumphed on Saturday, beating out a competition heavy on American films, including Spike Jonze's `'Her," starring Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlett Johansson.
The best actress went to Johansson, whose role in the film used her voice only.
Best actor award went to Matthew McConaughey in `'Dallas Buyers Club."
Tir is the Italian word for big-rig truck.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11