ROME - An Italian film about a truck driver's travels across Europe has taken the top award of best film at the Rome film festival.
`'Tir," by director Alberto Fasulo, triumphed on Saturday, beating out a competition heavy on American films, including Spike Jonze's `'Her," starring Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlett Johansson.
The best actress went to Johansson, whose role in the film used her voice only.
Best actor award went to Matthew McConaughey in `'Dallas Buyers Club."
Tir is the Italian word for big-rig truck.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations