Heineken USA's Tecate Light and Indio Beer campaigns won an award each at the 2013 Association of National Advertisers (ANA) Multicultural Excellence Awards. The two key brands of Heineken's Mexican portfolio were recognized in the radio and print categories.
The ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards were created 13 years ago to raise awareness and celebrate work created by brands and their agencies in the African-American, Asian, Hispanic and LGBT advertising spaces.
Tecate Light's "Dangerously Bold" campaign was named the grand prize winner in the Radio Category, while Indio's "Do Your Thing" OOH campaign was a winner in the Print Category. Both campaigns were developed by the brands' Dallas-based AOR iNSPIRE! to reach the U.S. Hispanic population – bicultural and bilingual consumers of legal drinking age, according to a press release.
Related story: "Indio Beer Launches Campaign Featuring Local Artists"
"We're very proud of both campaigns as they are truly anchored on the unique personalities and lifestyles of two distinct segments of the bicultural Hispanic demographic," said Gustavo Guerra, brand director for Tecate franchise and Indio. "By expertly leveraging key insights, the iNSPIRE! team executed successful creative that built upon our brand values and authentically connected with our consumers."
The "Dangerously Bold" radio campaign, which ended July 2013, registered considerable increases in volume sales, and the "Do Your Thing" campaign was specifically designed to connect with bicultural millennials 21-plus, who are "independent thinkers and express themselves in everything they do, whether it's music, painting, writing, photography, or other artistic disciplines," according to a press release.
To listen to the "Dangerously Bold" advertisment, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight