AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 13, 2013 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Greenleaf Book Group Press announces the release of "The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business" by Loren Weisman. "The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business" (ISBN: 978-1608325788) is available nationwide today, November 13, 2013 and will be published in an eBook edition and an audio book edition in January 2014.
"The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business" delivers the "who, what, when, where, why, and how" of the steps musicians and bands have to take to succeed in music.
Written by music industry consultant Loren Weisman, "The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business" provides a roadmap for the artist's journey from passion to profession. Weisman draws on over two decades of experience as a working musician and music business consultant to provide instruction, enlightenment, and sage counsel on such topics as: creating the best plan for a career; touring; booking gigs; performing; recording - from preproduction to postproduction and everything in between; branding a band; fundraising and working with investors; marketing and promotions; and more.
The foreword was written by session guitarist, producer and writer Elliot Randall of Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers and "Saturday Night Live" Fame.
According to Weisman, "My purpose is not to address every minuscule detail, but to focus on the broad spectrum of ideas, applications, and methods and lay out a solid blueprint that each artist or industry professional can adapt and recombine in his or her own personal way. My goal for this book is to give you the information that you need, information that you can personalize and apply to your career and/or the careers of the artists you work with."
Weisman is a music business consultant and speaker who works to help independent artists, musicians, bands, labels and other businesses achieve sustainable success. Weisman has been a part of over 700 albums as a drummer and music producer.
"The most devastating thing artists can do to their career is get in their own way, and way too many people do. It's not the labels, the industry, the fans, the cities, the economy, the social media, the marketing, the promoting, the 'right time,' the music, or whatever other excuse you can come up with that determines whether you succeed or you fail. It is you, no one else," says Weisman.
For more information about Loren Weisman, visit http://lorenweisman.com/ or for information about "The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business" visit http://tag2nd.com/ .
Video: http://youtu.be/Y8YBXnBcxe8 .
Greenleaf Book Group Press ( www.gbgpress.com ) is an Austin, Texas-based independent publisher.
Title: "The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business."
Author: Loren Weisman.
Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group Press.
ISBN: 978-1608325788; paperback, 7*9; 456pp; $19.95.
ISBN: 978-1608325795; eBook, $7.99.
Audio book: January 2014.
* PHOTO 1: http://www.Send2Press.com/mediaboom/13-1113_Weisman_400x300.jpg .
* PHOTO 2: http://www.Send2Press.com/mediaboom/13-1113_Weisman-Book_400x300.jpg ,
Published on CaliforniaNewswire.com Wed, 13 Nov 2013 ::
NEWS SOURCE: Loren Weisman :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by Send2Press(R) Newswire, a service of Neotrope(R).
Related News Stories:
* 'The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business' by Loren Weisman slated for national release in August
* Music Consultant, Producer and Coach Loren Weisman speaking at MMC 17
* Music Industry Insider Video Series MUBUTV Launched Via Web And YouTube
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?