Inception Film Partners, a global film sales and distribution company engaged in motion picture and television sales, finance and production, has hired industry veteran Jim Harvey as its head of sales and distribution.
The company's growing slate of new films range from cast-driven tentpole projects to director focused smart features satisfying the diverse and changing demands of a global marketplace.
According to a release, Harvey was hired as executive vice president of sales and distribution and brings with him more than 20 years of international sales experience. Most recently, Harvey was president of Studio City Pictures, where he was involved with all aspects of the company including sales, finance, development and distribution. Prior to that, he was executive vice president of sales at Bold/Affinity Films where he sold a range of titles including "Drive" starring Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan, "Rabbit Hole" starring Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart, and the Joe Dante film "The Hole." Harvey has also held positions at Element Films, Myriad Pictures, Lakeshore International, Summit Entertainment and The Samuel Goldwyn Company.
"I've been friends with Jim for many years and have always held him in high regard; all of us are excited and honored to have Jim on the team," said Alex Barder, president of Inception Film Partners. "Jim has extensive worldwide distribution relationships and a proven sales track record which fit perfectly with IFP's goal to become a pre-eminent provider of high quality commercial filmed entertainment to a worldwide market."
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts