Almost 100 guests attended the reception in honor of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife, Princess Letizia, at the Beverly Hills mansion of the U.S. ambassador to the Iberian nation, James Costos.
Among the guests were actors such as Antonio Banderas and Benicio del Toro.
Banderas, who for some time has been the ambassador for "Brand Spain," said before the reception that he has a feeling that his country will overcome its economic crisis even before experts predict.
L.A.'s notorious rush-hour traffic delayed for almost an hour the arrival of the guests of honor to the luxurious modern mansion that Costos, former boss of HBO, shares with designer Michael Smith.
The ambassador had accompanied the prince and princess from Madrid on their state visit to the United States, and in that time had a long conversation with them and with the Spanish Foreign Minister.
The main purpose of their visit is to take part in events commemorating milestones in Spanish exploration and settlement in North America, though the royal couple spent Thursday visiting high-tech firms in Silicon Valley.
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: U.S. envoy hosts California reception for Spanish royals
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures