WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls