WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts