WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy