WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement