WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security