WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to announce a fix Thursday for Americans losing their health insurance under his signature law.
The White House says Obama will make a statement from the White Ho0use.
The president has come under pressure from fellow Democrats to address the cancellations. Opposition Republicans say the health plan is not working.
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices, despite Obama's repeated pledges that people who liked their insurance plans could keep them.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Obama to announce fix for canceled health plans
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'