Manuel Martinez was recently named president of Telemundo Stations after 30 years of experience in the broadcast industry.
Martinez will oversee 16 Telemundo-owned local stations located within the U.S. and Puerto Rico and will report to Valari Staab, president of NBCUniversal owned TV stations.
"Manny is an experienced leader with in-depth knowledge of the broadcast industry, a track record of improving television stations and a strong commitment to our Spanish speaking communities," Staab said, according to HispanicAd.com. "He believes in our mission to better serve our viewers with the local news, weather and information they need."
Prior to this position, Martinez was the president and general manager of NBC 6 South Florida/WTVJ, the NBC-owned station serving the Miami and Fort Lauderdale market.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones