Manuel Martinez was recently named president of Telemundo Stations after 30 years of experience in the broadcast industry.
Martinez will oversee 16 Telemundo-owned local stations located within the U.S. and Puerto Rico and will report to Valari Staab, president of NBCUniversal owned TV stations.
"Manny is an experienced leader with in-depth knowledge of the broadcast industry, a track record of improving television stations and a strong commitment to our Spanish speaking communities," Staab said, according to HispanicAd.com. "He believes in our mission to better serve our viewers with the local news, weather and information they need."
Prior to this position, Martinez was the president and general manager of NBC 6 South Florida/WTVJ, the NBC-owned station serving the Miami and Fort Lauderdale market.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday