LOS ANGELES -- Jake Gyllenhaal needed stitches after shooting an intense scene for his new film, "Nightcrawler."
A spokeswoman for Gyllenhaal says the 32-year-old actor returned to work Thursday for a final day of filming after a few hours in the emergency room.
Mara Buxbaum said Gyllenhaal was in character Wednesday when he hit a mirror, which unexpectedly broke and cut his hand. She said it was "badly cut up" and required "numerous stiches."
"Nightcrawler" is a crime drama also starring Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. It's set for release next year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World