The romance of Summer Nights and the thrills of We Go Together are the talk of the town this week as a new production rolls into Yeovil.
Yeovil Youth Theatre has been dazzling audiences at the Octagon Theatre since Tuesday with its production of popular film and musical Grease.
The much-loved tale explores the relationship of Danny Zuko and Sandy Dumbrowski, played by Zade Milnes, 19, and Louise Cannon, 16.
Youth theatre directors, Alan Forster and Judy Lye-Forster, revealed they had a difficult decision to make when putting this year's show together.
They said: "We have always tried, wherever possible, to maintain the integrity of each of our productions by staying true to the original concept and by retaining original script and songs - and Grease was to be no different.
"When presented with the script, we found we didn't really know the original stage production at all.
"It turns out Hollywood had its say, names were changed, characters added and new songs written and arranged.
"We had a decision - do we stay true to the stage production or embrace the Hollywood film version?
"The answer is we've done a bit of both."
The 52-person cast will be perform at 7.30pm every night until Saturday.
A matinee performance will also be held on Saturday at 2.30pm.
For tickets or more information, call 01935 422884.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades