Nov. 14--They've been singing the praises of AFI Fest's closing night gala, "Inside Llewyn Davis," since the Cannes Film Festival last spring. The Coen brothers are often at their best when music figures prominently in their films ("The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?") so this tragicomic tale of a failed '60s folksinger should end the festival on a high note.
For movie reviews and highlights from this year's AFI Fest click here.
(c)2013 the Daily News (Los Angeles)
Visit the Daily News (Los Angeles) at www.dailynews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico