A stage production of the film, "Shakespeare in Love," is to open at London's Noel Coward Theatre next summer, producers announced Wednesday.
The play is being adapted for the stage by Lee Hall from the screenplay by Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard.
Declan Donnellan is to direct and the production will be designed by Nick Ormerod.
"Shakespeare in Love" is being produced by Disney Theatrical Productions and Sonia Friedman Productions.
The full creative team and cast will be announced soon, the producers said.
"Everyone who loves the theater loves what Tom Stoppard and Marc Norman created with the miracle that is 'Shakespeare in Love,'" Thomas Schumacher, president of and producer for Disney Theatrical Productions, said in a statement. "It is a valentine to the theater and what better way to celebrate that than to turn to consummate theater artists: Declan, Nick, Lee and Sonia are all working at the top of their game and it is an honor for our Disney Theatrical team to partner with artists of their weight and caliber."
"Every now and then a story comes along that cries out to be staged," Friedman said. "This is one such story. 'Shakespeare in Love' bursts with life and is a moving and hilarious celebration of everything that we love about the inspirational and transformative power of theater. This project has been several years in development and Tom Schumacher and I are thrilled to be confirming its world premiere in London."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign