LONDON - Another much-loved film is getting the screen-to-stage treatment. Producers say a theatrical adaptation of "Shakespeare in Love" is coming to London's West End next year.
The script will be by playwright Lee Hall, who adapted the movie "Billy Eliot" into a hit stage musical. It will be directed by Declan Donnellan and designed by Nick Ormerod, both of the innovative Cheek By Jowl theater company.
"Shakespeare in Love" starred Joseph Fiennes as the struggling playwright and Gwyneth Paltrow as his elusive love. The 1998 film won seven Academy Awards, including best picture.
The play is produced by Disney Theatrical productions and Sonia Friedman Productions and begins previews at London's Noel Coward Theatre in July.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas