LONDON - Another much-loved film is getting the screen-to-stage treatment. Producers say a theatrical adaptation of "Shakespeare in Love" is coming to London's West End next year.
The script will be by playwright Lee Hall, who adapted the movie "Billy Eliot" into a hit stage musical. It will be directed by Declan Donnellan and designed by Nick Ormerod, both of the innovative Cheek By Jowl theater company.
"Shakespeare in Love" starred Joseph Fiennes as the struggling playwright and Gwyneth Paltrow as his elusive love. The 1998 film won seven Academy Awards, including best picture.
The play is produced by Disney Theatrical productions and Sonia Friedman Productions and begins previews at London's Noel Coward Theatre in July.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed