LONDON - Another much-loved film is getting the screen-to-stage treatment. Producers say a theatrical adaptation of "Shakespeare in Love" is coming to London's West End next year.
The script will be by playwright Lee Hall, who adapted the movie "Billy Eliot" into a hit stage musical. It will be directed by Declan Donnellan and designed by Nick Ormerod, both of the innovative Cheek By Jowl theater company.
"Shakespeare in Love" starred Joseph Fiennes as the struggling playwright and Gwyneth Paltrow as his elusive love. The 1998 film won seven Academy Awards, including best picture.
The play is produced by Disney Theatrical productions and Sonia Friedman Productions and begins previews at London's Noel Coward Theatre in July.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers