COMPOSER Sir John Tavener, one of the greatest British figures in classical music, has died at the age of 69.
In the late 1960s he was famously signed to The Beatles' record label Apple and his music was notably performed at the funeral of Diana, Princess Of Wales, in 1997.
Sir John is said to have died "peacefully at home" in Child Okeford, Dorset.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent