39 films nominated for 2013 Asia-Pacific Screen Awards
BRISBANE, Australia, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) -- Thirty-nine films from 21 Asia Pacific countries and areas have been nominated for the Seventh Asia-Pacific Screen Awards (APSA), one of the most significant film awards in the region, APSA said on Tuesday.
The six films competing for the coveted Best Feature Film award are Omar (Palestine), Le Pass (The Past, France, Italy), Like Father, Like Son, (Japan), Television (Bangladesh), The Turning ( Australia), and With You, Without You (Sri Lanka), according to APSA.
Winners will be determined by the 2013 APSA International Jury, headed by Indian screenwriter and director Shyam Benegal.
Three Australian films and three Chinese movies including The Grandmaster are among the list of 2013 APSA nominees.
The Seventh Asia Pacific Screen Awards ceremony will be held in Brisbane's City Hall in Australia's Queensland on Thursday December 12, APSA said.
Film maker Robert Connolly said The Turning's nomination for Best Film is wonderful news for all of the people involved as the film is a big collaboration.
"It'll begin its journey now to finding an audience outside of the Australian theatrical," Connolly, the three-hour film producer and one of its 17 directors told the Australian Associated Press ( AAP).
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals