Debra Vickers, of Charleston, went to New York Oct. 24 to see the world premiere of the small role she helped play in Canon USA's Project Imagination photo and film project.
Her photo of her granddaughter dreamily posed wearing a wedding veil was one of 10 pictures picked from among 91 finalists chosen by actress Eva Longoria ("Desperate Housewives") as part of the inspiration for 10 short films by Longoria and other celebrities.
Winning photos from among thousands submitted in the contest were judged by Canon, film director Ron Howard and the public. The 10- minute films inspired by the photos were screened at Lincoln Center Oct. 24, and Vickers was there.
Longoria's film, "Out of the Blue," does not use Vickers' photo itself but plays off it to make a point about marriage and dreams in a scene at the end depicting a photo of Longoria in a wedding gown.
"The conception of the film is, you can have a little girl's dreams of growing up and being married, and you can grow up and do anything you want to do," Vickers said. "Her movie was to show that you could have that dream and other dreams too."
The films by Longoria, actor Jamie Foxx, Twitter co-inventor Biz Stone and other celebrities will be shown on the IFC and Sundance television channels. "Out of the Blue" screens at 11:30 p.m. Monday on IFC and 8 p.m. Tuesday on Sundance.
Photo courtesy of Debra Vickers Debra Vickers (left) poses with her daughter, Vesper Miller (right), and actress Eva Longoria at the New York premiere of the Canon USA Project Imagination films.
Reach Douglas Imbrogno at email@example.com or 304-348-3017.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration