Nov. 10--BUCHAREST -- Veteran Luminita Gheorghiu is a nominee for the European Film Academy awards in the 'Best actress' category, informs the official website of the film industry's union.
The nominations for the 26th edition of the European Film Academy awards were released at the Seville European Film Festival. The honors will be now decided following the vote of over 2,900 Academy members and will be presented on December 7, in Berlin.
Luminita Gheorghiu was nominated for her role in the 'Child's Pose' directed by Calin Netzer; the film was a Golden Bear recipient at the Berlin Film Festival early this year.
Gheorghiu is up for the distinction against Keira Knightley ('Anna Karenina'), Veerle Baetens ('The Broken Circle Breakdown'), Barbara Sukova ('Hannah Arendt') and Naomi Watts ('Lo Imposible' / 'The impossible').
(c)2013 Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania
Visit Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania at www1.agerpres.ro/english
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause