NEW YORK (AP) — CBS' "60 Minutes" apologized on Sunday's broadcast for a flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and for the discredited source who claimed to have been at the scene.
During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said "60 Minutes" was misled and made a mistake in its reporting.
Logan is the correspondent responsible for the Oct. 27 story. She had interviewed former security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he took part in fighting at the mission. But Davies' account unraveled last week, forcing CBS News on Friday to admit its error in running the story.
It then announced it would address the flawed story on Sunday's telecast.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy