The share decline was made worse when ratings agency Moody's warned
The warning of a possible downgrade comes ahead of the all-important Christmas shopping season and weeks before the release of
In August the company said it had already received over 1m pre-orders for the new consoles. The company expects to sell 5m PS4's between the launch date and the end of the Japanese financial year in March.
Moody's said: "The rating actions reflect the slow progress being made in improving overall profitability. Weak earnings across the majority of reporting units suggests the potential for a much longer period of restructuring and financial weakness than previously expected."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets