The recognition of Dr. Tsao will highlight an evening gala, "Honoring the Past, Acting in the Present & Inspiring the Future," at the 2nd
Dr. Tsao founded LORRE in 1978 at a time of national need, when rising oil prices threatened to disrupt the economy, fuel inflation and upset transportation systems. Under his direction, LORRE achieved many significant developments, not the least of which was the recognition of renewable resources as a bridge to a sustainable energy future.
"Driven by Professor Tsao's leadership and vision for industrial biotechnology, LORRE was significantly ahead of its time, and helped to establish the field of renewable resources as we know it today," said Dr.
Over the last 35 years, LORRE has graduated several hundred students who are leaders in renewable resources engineering and are now actively working to bring solutions to global energy security issues. SCD-iBIO is proud to recognize the many legacies of the founder of LORRE, Professor
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum