Nov. 01--President Barack Obama considering dropping Joe Biden from his 2012 re-election ticket in favor of Hillary Clinton, a new book says.
Obama ultimately backed off after calculating that the boost he'd receive from adding Clinton wasn't enough to justify such a radical move.
Journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann detail the drama in their new book, Double Down.
"When the research came back near the end of (2011), it suggested that adding Clinton to the ticket wouldn't materially improve Obama's odds," the authors write. "Biden had dodged a bullet he never saw coming -- and never would know anything about, if the Obamans could keep a secret."
(c)2013 The Kansas City Star (Kansas City, Mo.)
Visit The Kansas City Star (Kansas City, Mo.) at www.kansascity.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Obama considered dumping Biden in 2011 in favor of Clinton
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland