It seems Hollywood simply cannot stay away from Sherborne.
Just days after star Carey Mulligan finished filming for a new adaptation of Thomas Hardy's Far From the Madding Crowd, the town has welcomed the cameras back for another high-profile film project.
This time, the life story of one of Sherborne's most famous residents is set for a dramatic retelling on the big screen - with the town taking a leading role in the start of the film.
Filming for The Imitation Game, a biopic about Second World War code- breaker Alan Turing, who attended Sherborne School from 1926 until 1936, began at the private boarding school for boys on Sunday.
The film is set for release in 2014.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today