The blockbuster stage musical "Mamma Mia!" is to begin performances Saturday at the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway, producers announced.
The show switched homes after 13 years at the Winter Garden Theatre, which is now preparing to welcome "Rocky the Musical."
"Inspired by the story-telling magic of ABBA's songs and directed by Phyllida Lloyd, 'Mamma Mia!' is [producer] Judy Craymer's vision of staging writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale of family and friendship unfolding on a tiny Greek island," a news release said. "On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother's past back to the island they had last visited 20 years ago."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation