The blockbuster stage musical "Mamma Mia!" is to begin performances Saturday at the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway, producers announced.
The show switched homes after 13 years at the Winter Garden Theatre, which is now preparing to welcome "Rocky the Musical."
"Inspired by the story-telling magic of ABBA's songs and directed by Phyllida Lloyd, 'Mamma Mia!' is [producer] Judy Craymer's vision of staging writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale of family and friendship unfolding on a tiny Greek island," a news release said. "On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother's past back to the island they had last visited 20 years ago."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- U.S. Banks' Earnings Rose 5.2 Percent in Q2