The blockbuster stage musical "Mamma Mia!" is to begin performances Saturday at the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway, producers announced.
The show switched homes after 13 years at the Winter Garden Theatre, which is now preparing to welcome "Rocky the Musical."
"Inspired by the story-telling magic of ABBA's songs and directed by Phyllida Lloyd, 'Mamma Mia!' is [producer] Judy Craymer's vision of staging writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale of family and friendship unfolding on a tiny Greek island," a news release said. "On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother's past back to the island they had last visited 20 years ago."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits