Facebook 'met over potential bid' -->
A view of a tablet and a smartphone displaying the
AFP – BlackBerry executives met with their counterparts at
Although BlackBerry is weighing a sale, it was unclear whether
The leading social network has made a priority of following its more than one billion members onto smartphones and tablets, and of finding ways to make money from visits by users on mobile devices.
The company’s patents, with an estimated value of between
The patents namely cover security-network technology and smartphone component patents, which would be key to a company seeking to get a head start in the competitive smartphone market. BlackBerry also has about 70 million subscribers.
Last month, the company reached a preliminary deal for a
The Journal separately reported earlier this month that Chinese computer giant
• BlackBerry loses
• Sony Xperia Z launches in
• Android models make up 40% of
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?