When Sarah Pouls takes her seat at Chicago's Oriental Theatre tonight, she won't be watching "Wicked" as a musical theater fan -- although she is one.
Rather, the Schaumburg woman will be there to review the show as the first participant in Short & Sweet, a new online theater series brought to you by the Daily Herald and Broadway in Chicago.
Pouls is one of more than a hundred Daily Herald readers who have already signed up for the chance to review a Broadway in Chicago show. She'll see "Wicked" tonight along with the professional critics and record a video review next week that will be posted at .
A recent college grad who teaches high school English, Pouls says she sought out the chance as a way to do more with theater -- her minor in college. She also hopes to turn the experience into a lesson in critiques for her students.
Learn how you can sign up for Short & Sweet, and see what Daily Herald staff writer Barbara Vitello has to say about reviewing in today's Time out!
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal