A NEW theatre school run by a West End star has opened in West Bridgford.
Melody Jones has opened the Theatre Arts Studio at the West Bridgford Baptist Church hall, in Melton Road. Classes take place on Saturdays, with private lessons during the week and workshops in school holidays.
There will be classes in singing, dance, musical theatre and acting every week and musical theatre stars from the West End will be invited to run workshops on hit shows.
During the half-term holidays, from October 21 to 25 from 9am until 4pm each day, there will be a special week based on Shrek The Musical, culminating in a final show on the Friday.
Melody is a former pupil of East Bridgford Primary School and Toot Hill Comprehensive School, and now lives in Melton Mowbray.
She has performed in many London-based shows and tours including Annie and Summer Holiday.
She said: As well as having fun singing, dancing and acting scenes from the show, they will make friends, build self confidence and will learn skills for life. I'm really looking forward to it.
The studio is open to anyone from four to 18 years. For more details go to www.theatreartsstudio.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List