A NEW theatre school run by a West End star has opened in West Bridgford.
Melody Jones has opened the Theatre Arts Studio at the West Bridgford Baptist Church hall, in Melton Road. Classes take place on Saturdays, with private lessons during the week and workshops in school holidays.
There will be classes in singing, dance, musical theatre and acting every week and musical theatre stars from the West End will be invited to run workshops on hit shows.
During the half-term holidays, from October 21 to 25 from 9am until 4pm each day, there will be a special week based on Shrek The Musical, culminating in a final show on the Friday.
Melody is a former pupil of East Bridgford Primary School and Toot Hill Comprehensive School, and now lives in Melton Mowbray.
She has performed in many London-based shows and tours including Annie and Summer Holiday.
She said: As well as having fun singing, dancing and acting scenes from the show, they will make friends, build self confidence and will learn skills for life. I'm really looking forward to it.
The studio is open to anyone from four to 18 years. For more details go to www.theatreartsstudio.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise