The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Valid spots were then analyzed through liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Among the 480 total protein spots displayed in 2-D gels, 6 specific protein spots were observed in sperm gels. A search against protein sequences in the
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The analysis of differential expression protein may be useful in identifying new breeding markets in sheep reproduction and in clarifying the mechanisms involved in irradiation or space breeding."
For more information on this research see: Differential Proteomic Analysis of Carbon Ion Radiation in Sheep Sperm.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition