Starbucks (Nasdaq: SBUX) celebrated the grand opening of a new
Evolution Fresh juicery in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., on Wednesday. The plant is expected to employ 190 workers, according to a news release.
The new facility will quadruple the brand's production of cold-pressed, never-heated
juice, featuring the most advanced technology, including High Pressure
Processing (HPP) machines, according to the release.
Since Starbucks' acquisition of the brand in
November 2011, Evolution Fresh has exceeded its aggressive growth plans
to be in more than 8,000 Starbucks and grocery retailers by the end of
calendar year 2013.
The facility will help the company
grow its market share in the $1.6 billion super-premium juice industry.
Benzinga.com contributed to this report.
Original headline: Starbucks Announces Opening of Evolution Fresh State-of-the-Art Juicery
Most Popular Stories
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat