Starbucks (Nasdaq: SBUX) celebrated the grand opening of a new
Evolution Fresh juicery in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., on Wednesday. The plant is expected to employ 190 workers, according to a news release.
The new facility will quadruple the brand's production of cold-pressed, never-heated
juice, featuring the most advanced technology, including High Pressure
Processing (HPP) machines, according to the release.
Since Starbucks' acquisition of the brand in
November 2011, Evolution Fresh has exceeded its aggressive growth plans
to be in more than 8,000 Starbucks and grocery retailers by the end of
calendar year 2013.
The facility will help the company
grow its market share in the $1.6 billion super-premium juice industry.
Benzinga.com contributed to this report.
Original headline: Starbucks Announces Opening of Evolution Fresh State-of-the-Art Juicery
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief