Starbucks (Nasdaq: SBUX) celebrated the grand opening of a new
Evolution Fresh juicery in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., on Wednesday. The plant is expected to employ 190 workers, according to a news release.
The new facility will quadruple the brand's production of cold-pressed, never-heated
juice, featuring the most advanced technology, including High Pressure
Processing (HPP) machines, according to the release.
Since Starbucks' acquisition of the brand in
November 2011, Evolution Fresh has exceeded its aggressive growth plans
to be in more than 8,000 Starbucks and grocery retailers by the end of
calendar year 2013.
The facility will help the company
grow its market share in the $1.6 billion super-premium juice industry.
Benzinga.com contributed to this report.
Original headline: Starbucks Announces Opening of Evolution Fresh State-of-the-Art Juicery
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits