According to the blog, sales of new smartphone Galaxy Round will be launched in
External look of Galaxy Round resembles to smartphones Galaxy S3 and S4, but its corpus is slightly curved. Samsung used a plastic screen and not on the glass substrate to give curved form to the handset.
As a result of its unique curved design, users can take advantage of round integration experiences like the Roll Effect that enables the user to check information such as the date, time, missed calls and battery easily when home screen is off, and the Gravity Effect for creating visual interaction with the screen by tilting the device.
For music, the Bounce UX enables users to control their music. When the Galaxy Round's display is off while the music player is running, a short press to the left of the device will play the previous track while a short press to the right will play the next track. For pictures and videos, the Side Mirror feature enables users to gain access to list of the album content with a left and right tilt.
The new smartphone has similar fillings like Galacy Note 3. New smartphone has 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display. The device has Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) SoC with a 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU.
Samsung has also packed in 3 GB of RAM. Galaxy Round has 32 Gb of internal memory, which can be extended with microSD card.
The smartphone has 13-megapixel camera. The device works under operation system Android 4.3.
Galaxy Round is lighter and brighter compared to Galaxy Note 3. The thickness of the smartphone is 7.9 mm. Its weight is 154 grams. The capacity of the battery is 2,800 mAh. For comparison, Galaxy Note 3 is 8.3 mm thin and weighs 169 grams, while the capacity of battery is 3200 mAh.
Samsung will start to sell Galaxy Round in
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option