The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from NCSR, "However, despite these properties which have been achieved to a significant degree through molecular engineering of the liposome bilayers, a universal liposomal carrier has not yet been developed since it is rather difficult for the above properties to be simultaneously fulfilled. For this purpose a multicompartmentalization strategy was applied through which liposomes encapsulating smaller ones in their aqueous core were prepared. Multicompartment systems have also been prepared by encapsulation of dendrimers in the aqueous core of liposomes. In this manner drug delivery systems were prepared providing a double protection to drugs encapsulated inside the core of the small liposomes or incorporated in dendrimers. The external liposomal bilayer is also susceptible to multifunctionalization while their drug release can more effectively been tuned compared to single-compartment systems. Modular-type strategies have been employed for the preparation of these multicompartment systems. Thus, unilamellar liposomes and mono-dispersed dendrimers are selected as the drug delivery modules from which universal multifunctional and multicompartment drug delivery systems have been obtained i.e. vesosomes, which are liposomes encapsulating smaller liposomes and dendrosomes, which are liposomes encapsulating dendrimers."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Examples of the application of drug and gene delivery employing vesosomes and dendrosomes as carriers are critically discussed."
For more information on this research see: Formation of artificial multicompartment vesosome and dendrosome as prospected drug and gene delivery carriers.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response