Phoenix, Washington, D.C., Top Spots for Mistresses --> It turns out that the Marriage Capital of the World also is a capital for extramarital affairs.
A new report from dating website AshleyMadison.com, a controversial site designed for people who are married or attached, has named Las Vegas among the U.S. cities with the most would-be mistresses per capita.
Las Vegas, which makes its debut on the annual list this year, ranked fourth among cities with the highest percentage of women having affairs with married men, coming in behind Dallas,Washington, D.C., and Phoenix.
According to the site's marketing research of its clientele, more than one-fourth of Las Vegas women using AshleyMadison.com to seek out affairs with attached men are single.
Summerlin was found to be a particular hub for extramarital minglers in the Las Vegas Valley, with more than 5 percent of the population in the ZIP code 89144 registered at AshleyMadison.com.
Site founder Noel Biderman says those stats aren't surprising.
"The number of single women seeking married men in Las Vegas goes to show the phrase 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas' also extends to permanent residents seeking no strings attached relationships," Biderman said in a statement.
The Top 10 mistress capitals in the U.S., according to AshleyMadison.com, are as follows:
1. Phoenix: 38.4%
2. Washington, D.C.: 34.7%
3. Dallas: 31.9%
4. Las Vegas: 28.5%
5. Los Angeles: 25.7%
6. Houston: 25.1%
7. Honolulu: 24.3%
8. Charlotte, S.C.: 22.2%
9. Ft. Lauderdale, Fla: 20.4%
10. Denver: 18.1%
Original headline: Las Vegas is among the Top Five cities for mistresses
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out