The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A system, method, and computer readable medium for providing streaming of one or more applications from streaming servers onto one or more clients. The one or more applications are contained within one or move isolated environments, and the isolated environments are streamed from the servers onto clients. The system may include the option of running both in on-line and off-line. When on-line, the system may include authentication of the streaming servers and authentication of clients and credentialing of the isolated environments and applications the clients are configured to run. The system may further include encrypted communication between the streaming servers and the clients. When off-line, the system may include the ability to run already installed isolated environments without requiring credentialing. The system may further include a management interface where administrators may add, remove and configure isolated environments, configure client policies and credentials, and force upgrades. The streamed isolated environments may be isolated from other applications and the host operating system on the clients and applications within the isolated environments may run without performing an application-installation on the client."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women