Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from ASTRON, "The noise generated in this load termination deteriorates the amplifier noise resistance, which increases the noise temperature due to a varying active reflection coefficient at the antenna ports as a function of scan angle. In reducing this effect, the balanced configuration is made more favorable for radio astronomy applications."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "By lowering the value of the impedance termination on the fourth port of the quadrature coupler an improvement in noise temperature sensitivity is achieved at the cost of reduced power matching."
For more information on this research see: Technique for reduction of noise resistance in a balanced low-noise amplifier for beam-steering applications.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting D.M.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag