-- Hefei Life Science will fund and manage clinical development and distribution --
Under the agreement, Micell will manufacture and supply MiStent SES for clinical and commercial use. Sinopharm, based in
"This agreement creates a strong opportunity for MiStent SES to enter the Chinese market and build upon our recent CE Mark approval in
About the MiStent SES
The MiStent Sirolimus Eluting Absorbable Polymer Coronary Stent System (MiStent SESŪ) is designed to optimize healing in patients with coronary artery disease. MiStent's rapidly absorbable coating is intended to precisely and consistently control drug elution and limit polymer exposure duration to reduce the safety risks associated with current commercially available drug-eluting stent technologies.
The innovative MiStent SES system includes a proprietary stent coating that contains crystalline drug (sirolimus) and an absorbable polymer. The coating provides controlled and sustained release of therapeutic levels of drug as the polymer softens and disperses from the stent into the adjacent tissue. These properties are intended to enhance safety as compared to conventional permanent polymer DES.
Using an approved drug (sirolimus) and polymer (PLGA), Micell's patented supercritical fluid technology allows a rigorously controlled drug/polymer coating to be applied to a bare-metal stent. The MiStent SES leverages the benefits of Eurocor's (CE Marked) GeniusŪ MAGIC Cobalt Chromium Coronary Stent System, a state-of-the-art bare-metal stent, which has demonstrated excellent deliverability, conformability and flexibility.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia