Martin Scorsese is to serve as president of the main competition jury for the 13th edition of the Marrakech International Film Festival, organizers announced.
"I am very happy to be this year's jury president at the Marrakech Film Festival and I would like to thank HRH, Prince Moulay Rachid, president of the festival, for his gracious invitation," Scorsese said in a statement Wednesday.
"I have made two films in Morocco, during which time I came to admire the spirit of the Moroccan people and the beauty of their culture. I am eager to discover the movies coming from all around the world to this unique festival."
The festival is to run from Nov. 29 to Dec. 7.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea