The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "The present invention provides a semiconductor device, which is formed on a semiconductor substrate, comprising a gate stack, a channel region, and source/drain regions, wherein the gate stack is on the channel region, the channel region is in the semiconductor substrate, the source/drain regions are embedded in the semiconductor substrate, and each of the source/drain regions comprises a sidewall and a bottom, a second semiconductor layer being sandwiched between the channel region and a portion of the sidewall distant from the bottom, a first semiconductor layer being sandwiched between the semiconductor substrate and at least a portion of the bottom distant from the sidewall, and an insulating layer being sandwiched between the semiconductor substrate and the other portions of the bottom and/or the other portions of the sidewall. The present invention also provides a method for forming the semiconductor device. The present invention helps preventing the dopants in the source/drain regions from diffusing into the substrate."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project