Based on the Microlab STAR line of instruments, Hamilton is developing an "open" NGS workstation that simplifies the setup of any library preparation protocol. The versatile STAR line supports any level of throughput from 8 to 96 samples and reduces time consuming manual pipetting steps and sample-to-sample variability. The initial focus is on automated methods for the NEBNext UltraTM DNA library prep kit for
"At Hamilton we have a strong focus on and expertise in providing researchers with solutions that exactly fit with a lab's needs, but we also offer standardized solutions for a wide range of applications. We are very happy to work with NEB as this partnership broadens our NGS portfolio with pre-validated solutions for the most popular sequencing platforms. Through NEB's established network in the scientific community, we can provide these combined solutions to renowned research institutes worldwide," says Dr.
"With the increased use of NGS comes the need for increased throughput of NGS library preparation. Partnering with Hamilton to automate our NEBNext kits on the Microlab STAR line instruments provides additional options for NGS users to easily scale up their library preparation workflows for a variety of sample types," says Dr.
Established in the mid 1970's,
454(TM) is a trademark of Roche.
ION TORRENT(TM) is a trademark of
Hamilton Robotics designs and manufactures fully automated robotic systemsfor samples preparation and storage. The products range from unique, custom laboratory automation solutions (turnkey solutions) to standard applications validated through partnership programs with renowned biotechnology companies as well as OEM solutions to the top ten diagnostic companies.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill