Gov. Susana Martinez is keeping up her busy travel schedule this week, holding political fundraisers for her 2014 re-election campaign in Arizona and Texas.
Martinez traveled to Phoenix yesterday for a dinner fundraiser, then flew to Dallas for similar events that will be held today, her political adviser Jay McCleskey said.
The first-term Republican governor will return to New Mexico this afternoon, so that she can attend Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry's election night gala, but will then head to Austin, Texas, tomorrow for another political event.
While in Austin, Martinez is also scheduled to speak to students at the LBJ School of Public Affairs on the University of Texas campus.
Martinez has traveled extensively out-of-state this year for political events, with previous stops in Colorado, California, Nevada and Washington D.C.
The governor's re-election campaign is covering the costs of this week's travel, McCleskey said.
Original headline: Gov. Martinez raising re-election cash in Arizona and Texas this week
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts