The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "One method disclosed herein includes forming first, second and third gate stacks, wherein one of the gate stacks is an isolation stack positioned above an isolation structure and each of the gate stacks is comprised of three layers of hard mask material positioned above a layer of gate electrode material. The method also involves forming sidewall spacers proximate the second gate stack while the first and isolation gate stacks are masked, forming sidewall spacers proximate the first gate stack while the second and isolation gate stacks are masked, forming a polish stop layer between the plurality of gate stacks, performing another etching process on an etch stop layer, a layer of spacer material, and the second layer of hard mask material positioned above or proximate the isolation gate stack and performing a chemical mechanical polishing process to remove material positioned above an upper surface of the polish stop layer."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs