The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "The present invention is directed generally to systems and methods for management of nodes, such as multimedia communication endpoints and/or intermediary devices, residing across disparate networks. Embodiments of the present invention provide systems and methods for managing by a centralized management system nodes residing on disparate protected networks, such as for managing such operations as scheduling, configuring, updating software, etc., nodes such as multimedia communication endpoints (e.g., videoconferencing endpoint devices and/or other multimedia communication devices) and/or intermediary devices (e.g., routers, switches, hubs, etc.). Further, embodiments of the present invention provide systems and methods for transmitting management data between a centralized management system and nodes on disparate protected networks without sacrificing security desired by each network and in a manner that is not administratively burdensome."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today