Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from University Magna Graecia, "Our method differs from the existing since it is applicable to an assembled system, uses few microlitres of reagents and it is based on the use of microbeads. The microbeads have specific surface moieties to link the biomolecules and couple cell receptors. Furthermore, the microbeads serve as arm spacer and offer the benefit of the multi-valent interaction.
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The cells with reduced expression of MHC-I molecules showed, after cytotoxicity tests, susceptibility 3.5 times higher than normal cells."
For more information on this research see: Microfluidic biofunctionalisation protocols to form multi-valent interactions for cell rolling and phenotype modification investigations. Electrophoresis, 2013;34(13):1845-51. (Wiley-Blackwell - www.wiley.com/; Electrophoresis - onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1522-2683)
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting G. Perozziello,
Keywords for this news article include: Antibodies,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets